The VISION of Trinity Church is
“Being salt and light to all “
We believe in God is one, as revealed in the Bible;
Father, Son (Jesus Christ) and Holy Spirit. (Ex.3:14)
We believe that in the way of life, death by crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ, there is peace, restoration and true life. (Jn.3:16; 14:6; 20:31)
We believe that Jesus has called us to be like a “city on a hill” – visible to the communities of Whangarei
in all sorts of ways. (Mt.5:13-16)
We believe that we are called to be salt and light in this city of Whangarei – helping all people find true life through bringing meaning, healing, and wholeness into their lives by simply sharing the love and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ in real and relevant ways. (Mt.22; Jn.13:35; 15:12-13; 20:21; James 1:27; 2:14-26)
We believe in caring for the poor and shunned of our own community. (Is.61:1; Jn.20:21; James 1:27)
We believe that we are saved by grace alone and thus welcome and accept all people unconditionally. (Jn.15:16a; Rom.3:22; James 2:1-13; 1 Jn.4:19)
We believe that no one is beyond salvation. (Jn.3:16; 4:16)
We believe that the church is a place where no perfect people are allowed since we all were once sinners saved by grace but have become new people in Jesus Christ our Saviour. (Rom.3:9b-18; 5:6, 8; 2 Cor.5:17)
We believe that the church is God’s visible body on earth and we are all equal members of that. (1 Cor.12:12-31; Eph.4:1-16)
We believe that God created us all and would want us to experience life as He intended. We promote family values that encourage adults and children to respect each other and have relationships where they can feel secure, loved and accepted. (Jn.10:10; Eph.5:21-6:4; 1 Jn.4:15)
We believe that God has a plan in every person’s life and wants them to have a purposeful life. (Ps.139:1-24; Jer.29:11-14a)
We believe that the Holy Spirit frees people from all kinds of bondage and past hurts. He give us freedom to bring freedom to others in Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand and ultimately the world. (Acts 1:8)
The MISSION of Trinity Church is
- Providing people a community to belong to where they are valued and loved (ACCEPTANCE).
- Seeing people grow and reach their God-given potential through healthy, uplifting relationships, inspired Biblical teachings and an active online ministry (GROWTH).
- Taking care of each other, our extended whanau, and all those in need of aid through compassionate pastoral care and support. (AID).
- Interceding for each other, our community and city through corporate prayer (PRAYER).
- Being “salt and light” to everyone we know, spend time or work with, and cross paths with daily, essentially means expressing unconditional love to ALL (EXPRESS).